There's a small, yet serious fitness center about 3 blocks from my office. I walk past it every morning after dropping my son at his bus stop. I typically have about an hour to kill between dropping him & actually needing to be at work. So, today after work I walked over, took the tour, & signed the contracts.
This is a cool place. It's small & friendly. The people there are serious about working out & getting in shape. No one's there to cruise for potential one night stands. No one's judging. And there are trainers (real, educated, certified, college degreed trainers... not just some lackey with muscles & a few hours of community college) who are on hand to help you out, answer any questions, or (for a few bucks more) put you through the paces.
The logic behind joining a gym & agreeing to have my bank account debited each month is that if I am paying for something (& I will be for the next year whether I use it or not), I will certainly use it, because I hate throwing my money away.
Now... the real question is... am I ready to jump in & just get started tomorrow or do I want to wait & schedule one session with a trainer to be sure I'm doing it right first? Hmmm...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment